Thanet District Council has received a planning application for a restaurant complex to be built between the Clock House and Slipways at Ramsgate Harbour, and close to the Royal Victoria Pavilion. The Clock House is a Grade II* Listed building and I understand the slipways have some form of protection, although I can’t find them on the online register. I would urge you to take a look at these plans and have your say through the UK Planning website or any other effective means. This is a development at the heart of Ramsgate which will either greatly enhance or degrade one of our most important assets.
Links to the application and more info. can be found HERE
Some Ramsgate Harbour pictures today and Beano books
-
The first picture shows the the sailors church without the smack boys home.
It has to be before 1881 when the smack boys home was built and after 1878
wh...
2 days ago

1 comment:
Thank you, that was extremely valuable and interesting...I will be back again to read more on this topic.
Post a Comment